Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Back-to-back 21k PR at Financial Fitness Run!


The last time I did a back-to-back 21k PR was way back in 2011 at QCIM (1:58:51) then at Milo Finals (1:51:19). 2 years and 2 months later, I was able to do it again! Fresh from my new PR at PSE Bull Run 2014, I smashed that with a new personal best at Greentennial's Financial Fitness Run.

My quick review of the race:
- Race Route - The event's main selling point for me is the 21k route, incorporating the Ayala Triangle. The issue for me though is the handling of runner traffic, especially at the Paseo-Buendia intersection, where runner collision was at risk due to confusing runner flows.
- Race Distance - I got some feedback that the actual distance for 21k is 500m short. Unfortunately I still did not have any working GPS watch yet so I was not able to confirm.
- Hydration - It was good. Even at the race village there even was a water station so this is a plus for me.
- 21k finisher's trophy - this is a first for me, getting a trophy for finishing a half marathon. I do find it too much though, for the distance. The trophy design is great but I still have mixed feelings on a finisher's trophy if it's not an ultramarathon event. I still prefer the finisher medal for 21k.
- Event hosts - Great hosting from Sam YG and of course, the ever-pretty Mish Maravilla!

Financial Fitness Run 2014 21k Race Route
I was not sure whether to be on race-mode but with the cool weather conditions, I gave it a go. The 21k category is not that crowded as well so it's perfect for runners trying to break their PRs.

Action shot courtesy of KM6.16 Runners. Thanks for the snap!
I clocked in at a chip time of 1 hour, 45 minutes and 47 seconds, beating my PSE Bull Run time by a couple of minutes. So near my dream of doing a sub-1:45 21k!

After the race, I walked around the race village to look for familiar faces and get some snaps.

With barefoot Loyce - this was his heat training in preparation for BDM102.
With Mish - definitely leveled up with her hosting duties. Nice seeing you!
With Sam YG and Mish (doing the Sam YG pose)
With Runningshield Patrick Concepcion (and his famous shoulder bag)
With the super kind (and kulit) Coach Mherlz
A couple of days later, official results were out via http://www.myrunti.me/

I placed 75th out of 1427 21k finishers, about top 6.3%. Thank you Lord, for another running milestone.


Congratulations to CFA Society Philippines and Greentennial for the first ever staging of Financial Fitness Run. Hopefully next year's edition will be bigger and better!

No comments:

Post a Comment