Probably the biggest disappointment of 2012 race events, Springboard Run had a promising plan, but never delivered.
A pilot race event by organizer Pure Concept, Springboard Run had the following selling factors:
- A new race location at C5 extension / SM Sucat Paranaque, with a (supposed) route stretching all the way to Shopwise Sucat Road
- A team competition for 16k, which attracted our running team, Team Alpha1, to once again unite and run as a team
|A Rare Moment - 10 in Red!|
I had some sort of bad premonitions for the race, and I was telling these to Daves as the race progressed - hydration issues and inaccurate race route distance. I was correct, and more...
- Water was being transferred to cups using a "tabo". Unhygienic as it was, I just shrugged it off. Later during the race, cups ran out, and runners who needed to hydrate due to the heat were forced to drink in these "tabo's". They had no choice! Good thing I brought a water bottle.
- I was excited to run in Sucat road, as this was home turf. To our dismay, the supposed race route never materialized. The route was modified to be just loops in C5 extension.
- There were no marshals in U-turns, no loop cords whatsoever - which meant it was cheaters' territory. :p
- And then the last straw - 16k turned 14.2k! In any race, this is the most unforgivable error for me.
|Deemen and Barefootdaves and my savior water bottle|
|Post-race breakfast with the team|
From Pure Concept to Running Events, I was annoyed by the organizer name change two days after the race. Official website URL changed from www.pureconcept.ws to www.runningevents.ws. Facebook page changed as well. It was as if they were disowning the name like it was some sort of disease or jinx. Pure Concept or Running Events, or whatever name you decide to change it on in the future, runners are not that stupid! You did not even issue a public apology for your lack of organization. Two weeks have passed and you have not released any official race results. If you think changing your name will give you a clean slate, THINK AGAIN.