- New Ortigas race venue with a very challenging route specially for the 21k category - passing 4 flyovers and 1 tunnel along E. Rodriguez and Katipunan Avenue.
- Hydration was well thought-off - Water stations are located 1 kilometer apart along the race route wherein merging of different race categories occur. This way, wait time and congestion in water stations are much controlled. You also have a choice of water or 100 plus isotonic sports drink in all hydration stations. Water cups are small as well so there's not much waste. Hydration stations are clean and cups on the road are collected at once by race volunteers.
- Digital timers at select water stations - this is a great idea from the organizers, specially for runners who don't have their own timing devices. The only issue I had with those timers is that it seems like the time is not synched with the start/finish area; the time is advanced by 2 minutes.
- Portalets along the race route. Most race events force male runners to just do their thing at the side of the road. AXN Run put a bit more privacy for those who need to pee. :p
- Dole Cavendish banana served in halves - race volunteers cutting those enormous Dole bananas in half so that nothing goes to waste. Smart thinking there.
- Lots of post-race activities - music bands performing, lots of booths to visit.
- Race village is located wherein you have a lot of choices for that hearty post-race breakfast.
- And of course, a nice finisher shirt and medal (picture below).