Probably the biggest disappointment of 2012 race events, Springboard Run had a promising plan, but never delivered.
A pilot race event by organizer Pure Concept, Springboard Run had the following selling factors:
- A new race location at C5 extension / SM Sucat Paranaque, with a (supposed) route stretching all the way to Shopwise Sucat Road
- A team competition for 16k, which attracted our running team, Team Alpha1, to once again unite and run as a team
|A Rare Moment - 10 in Red!|
I had some sort of bad premonitions for the race, and I was telling these to Daves as the race progressed - hydration issues and inaccurate race route distance. I was correct, and more...
- Water was being transferred to cups using a "tabo". Unhygienic as it was, I just shrugged it off. Later during the race, cups ran out, and runners who needed to hydrate due to the heat were forced to drink in these "tabo's". They had no choice! Good thing I brought a water bottle.
- I was excited to run in Sucat road, as this was home turf. To our dismay, the supposed race route never materialized. The route was modified to be just loops in C5 extension.
- There were no marshals in U-turns, no loop cords whatsoever - which meant it was cheaters' territory. :p
- And then the last straw - 16k turned 14.2k! In any race, this is the most unforgivable error for me.
|Deemen and Barefootdaves and my savior water bottle|
|Post-race breakfast with the team|
From Pure Concept to Running Events, I was annoyed by the organizer name change two days after the race. Official website URL changed from www.pureconcept.ws to www.runningevents.ws. Facebook page changed as well. It was as if they were disowning the name like it was some sort of disease or jinx. Pure Concept or Running Events, or whatever name you decide to change it on in the future, runners are not that stupid! You did not even issue a public apology for your lack of organization. Two weeks have passed and you have not released any official race results. If you think changing your name will give you a clean slate, THINK AGAIN.
WTF ... Tabo!!!! kadirs yan.ReplyDelete
tabo for sharing! haha! close ng mga runners! haha!Delete
Eewww! For sure hindi na tatangkilin yan sila.ReplyDelete
mukhang ang next race nila ay sa province naman. iintayin ko ang feedback sa race na un.Delete
Heto pala yun.. Nag-change name pa sila.ReplyDelete
haha oo para mambiktima pa ng ibang runners. :pDelete
reminiscent of the kotr 2010! kadiri ang pure concept/running events not just fr the tabo incident but for delivering a cheap race.ReplyDelete
ohhh wala ako sa race na un. makahanap nga ng race review! haha! read running fatboy's blog. parang mas galit pa sya sakin. haha!Delete
buti na lang di ako sumali diyan. baka kasi mas worse pa masabi ko. Dapat alamin ang names behind Pure Concept/Running Events.ReplyDelete
parang wala ngang identity ang mga tao behind the group. haha! sa palagay ko walang gusto magpakilala. :pDelete
that was my first time to join, so i tried 16k... i finished it but I'm very disappointed on the organizers and also to the race. It was not 16k... I can considered it as my first and possibly worst experience in running. From what I've read on blogs and forums, they also considered it as the WORST... Yes, they probably have the purpose but as runners and as a beginner runner like me, they were not a good and better example. Hoping to have a good experience in running. To those concerned staffs and organizers, you should change your career or you may attend seminars on organizing events that you Failed to organized.ReplyDelete